Seven Ways to Support the Union
1. Give online to the JWS via the IU Foundation
- Indiana Memorial Union Dunn Meadow Cafe/North Patio
- Union Board Advisor Fellowship
- John Whittenberger Society Endowment
- Union Board Scholarship
2. Support the IMU and/or Union Board through scholarships
Visit our scholarships page for more information.
3. Establish a new Indiana Memorial Union-related fund through the IU Foundation
Contact the IU Foundation or the Executive Director of the Indiana Memorial Union.
4. Join the Whittenberger Society
If you are a former Union Board Director, join the IU Alumni Association and specify the John Whittenberger Society as your affiliate group.
5. Make a tax-advantaged deferred gift, gift of securities, or include the Indiana Memorial Union and/or Union Board in your estate and gift planning.
6. Double your gift. Lookup possible matching organizations and corporations to increase the value of your gift to the Indiana Memorial Union
7. Volunteer your time and talent
For more information about contributing in person, contact us.
Union-related funds at the IU Foundation
Indiana Memorial Union Dunn Meadow Cafe/North Patio
The IMU is known as the hearthstone of the campus providing many spaces where students go to meet, connect, and interact with other members of the IU community. This fund will support the enhancement and development of outdoor spaces near the Dunn Meadow Cafe entrance and North Patio. It will expand the IMU’s “living room” into the outdoors and create new spaces for Union Board events and programs.
Union Board Advisor Fellowship
This endowed fellowship will support graduate students with a preference given to individuals in the higher education and student affairs program, who act as advisors to Union Board student directors and committee members.
John Whittenberger Society Endowment
This endowed fund was established to support activities and projects identified by the IMU Executive Director and approved by the John Whittenberger Society, as well as the efforts of the John Whittenberger Society itself. The John Whittenberger Society is the official IU Alumni Association affiliate organization for former Directors of the Indiana Memorial Union Board.
Union Board Scholarship
Each year Union Board Scholarships are presented to directors and committee members who excel academically and who render exceptional service to the board.